Dorm Room Mug Challenge
2 MINUTE OMELET IN A MUG (EASY)
Start your day off right with the most important meal of the day with this easy Omelet in a Mug. The best part is you can get all the ingredients on campus! There’s no excuse for being tardy to your 8 am when breakfast only takes 2 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- a splash of milk
- salt and pepper
- sprinkle of cheese
OPTIONAL (mix-ins to spice things up)
- turkey or ham lunchmeat pieces
- bacon bits
- Spray the inside of your MICROWAVE SAFE mug with cooking spray. Beat the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, cheese, and any mix ins until the yolk and whites are mixed thoroughly.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave (careful, HOT), stir, and sprinkle a little more cheese on top if you’d like!
HOMEMADE RAMEN (MEDIUM)
This soup is great to put in a thermos if you’re headed to the library.
- 1 cup Chicken stock or veggie stock.
- 1 cup is about ¾ of most mugs.
- A few strands of Ramen Noodles
- Sprinkle of frozen mixed vegetables
- A few drops of soy sauce
- Sriracha sauce to taste
- Green onion
- Pour all of the ingredients into your MICROWAVEABLE mug. Use a large mug (or don’t fill it as high) as the stock can bubble up while cooking. Break the noodles so they fit in the mug and don’t stick up.
- Microwave for 2-2 ½ minutes or until the noodles are tender. The timing does vary depending on your microwave, so give the noodles the ole fork test to see if they are done.
- Serve hot from the microwave. Add more Sriracha if needed (you can never have too much).
COUSCOUS GREEK SALAD (HARDER)
This can be eaten warm or cold depending on what you prefer! Feel free to substitute any of the veggies for your favorites.
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- splash of lemon juice
- drizzle of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- chopped cucumber
- chopped tomato
- chopped green onion
- crumbled feta
- Pour chicken broth or water in mug and microwave for three minutes.
- Pour couscous into mug and cover. Let stand for five minutes. Then fluff with fork.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and salt to mug. Stir until combined.
- Add cucumber, tomato, olives and green onion. Stir until combined.
- Before serving, top with crumbled feta. Enjoy!