First Semester 101
First semesters can be hard, long, and sometimes boring. I wish I had known what I do now before I went into my first semester. Here are some tips to help you get through yours.
1. FORCE YOURSELF TO DO THINGS YOU WOULDN'T NORMALLY DO
2. You have no more excuses not to work out anymore so just do it you’ll thank yourself in the long run.
3. Join a club or any of the awesome organizations on campus even if it’s just to get out of your dorm
You may think having a ton of time to yourself will be awesome or maybe you’re just shy. Either way getting out of your room will help you be a happier and more productive person.
4. Shower shoes are no joke
Seriously just buy some, you know why.
5. GET A CALENDAR FOR YOUR WALL SO YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY FORGET ABOUT A COMMITMENT
6. MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE DUC (cafeteria) STAFF.
Favoritism is alive and active and extra food is a great way to show it.
7. Get your work done early so you can be lazy later
8. Get a routine down so that you can be productive from the very beginning
9. If you think you need money consider getting an on campus Job
UOP has TigerJobs which can help anyone get an on, or even off, campus job. It’s easy enough a monkey could do it.